News & Appearances
The De-Clutter Box has been featured in the media and interviewed by various websites, newspapers, and magazines here in Chicago as well as nationally throughout the United States.
If you are a publication and would like new ideas and content within the field of professional organization, please contact us today.
- Make Your Kids Part of the Cleaning Solution – Spouses Cleaning Houses
- Make It Better – Family, Food, Finances & Philanthrophy
- WeightWatchers.com: Community: April 18, 2016 “…
says Kim Cosentino, owner of the De-Clutter Box, Inc. in Westmont, Illinois. When you wear something, turn the hanger in.” – Message Board Posts
- The Organized Home – West Suburban Living
- On Shoe Storage: “It’s just a mess that piles up,” Kim said, and as boots come out, it’s only going to get worse. “It piles up through the whole winter season and gets out of control.” Read more on Groupon
- Today Show. 2013
- Chicago Home Improvement Magazine resource contributor
- The Hanger Trick and Other Fall Closet Tips from a Professional Organizer – Groupon
- Secrets to Cleaning with Kids – Parents Magazine
- Open Up – Seeing is believing when it comes to open storage – HomeStyle 365, March 2012
- 30 Days, 30 Ways to Declutter Your Home – iVillage, December 2011
- Home, lean home – Chicago Tribune, December 2011
- Ten expert tips for a successful yard sale – Sun Advocate, April 2011
- Managing your mess – Chicago Tribune, August 2010
- In the beginning there was my messy desk – Rubbermaid blog, November 2009
- Back to School Organizing – EzineArticles.com, August 2009
- De-Cluttering Solutions – TheDollarStretcher.com, May 2009
- Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros – Real Simple Magazine, 2009
- 9 tips for staying organized for school – HonoluluAdvertiser.com, August 2008
- Time to De-Clutter – Ohio Valley Parent, Jan/Feb 2008
- Garage Makeover – NBC5, July 2006
- Organizing 101 Seminar – Realtor/Home Expo, McCormick Center, Chicago, April 2005
- How to Part With Old Clothes – Real Simple Magazine, May 2004
- Girlfriend to Girlfriend: Organizer to the Rescue – ABC7 Chicago, March 2004
- Need motivation? 10 career-building resolutions can be tackled in January–then you’re off the hook” – Chicago Tribune, Dec. 25, 2002 by Joanne Cleaver
- Organizing Plain & Simple: A Ready Reference Guide With Hundreds of Solutions to your Everyday Clutter by Donna Smallin (Storey Books, September 2002).
- Don’t Miss These 6 Clutter Causing Mistakes at Right at Home
- Thank you so much for speaking on Tuesday at Aging Well’s Ask the Expert event. The topic of organizing the things in your life was very timely and obviously very popular for the one hundred seniors who attended your presentation. Your expertise on the subject, advice and real-life examples were things that audience members could immediately apply to their lives.We heard many compliments about your program from those who attended. A quick glance at the completed survey forms after the presentation showed that you were given the highest ratings! Gina Hassett – Hinsdale Parks and Recreation and JoAnn Schusterich – Hinsdale Public Library
- Everyone loved the day. Thank you for giving the ladies of Kappa Kappa Gamma something to talk about for a long time. Kappa Kappa Gamma
- The Suburban Life Home Show – Fall 1999 and 2000, LaGrange.
- West Suburban Home Show – Spring 2000 and 2001, Darien Sportsplex.
- We just had to let you know how much we enjoyed your presentation. The buzz was all about how inspiring and knowledgeable you were. I, along with others, have been de-cluttering ever since. As a result of all this organizing, we’ve added a clothing drive to one of our May OPWG meetings. Oak Park Women’s Guild
- It was great! Everyone loved it; my daughter even picked up ideas! Thank you! Christ Lutheran Church, Clarendon Hills
- You have touched on a subject that is of utmost importance in the lives of child care providers. I know each one of us came away with at least one helpful idea on how to improve our daily routine. United Child Care Network, Inc. (Family Daycare Association)
- There were many positive comments by those who attended. I’m sure you’ll be hearing from our sister facilities. The Homestead, Northbrook
- On behalf of the Junior League of Greater DuKane, Inc., I would like to thank you for a fabulous presentation. I have made many changes in my lifestyle and have gotten rid of a lot of clutter in my house! Junior League of Greater DuKane, Inc.
- We needed more time to listen to your ideas and ask questions. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed your presentation. DuPage County Police Chiefs Secretaries Assn.
- Thank you so much for coming and sharing your great skills and ideas with us at the service unit meeting. There were two things which I went right home and did. I put all the greeting cards I purchase in advance in a box standing up–even matched envelopes, and better yet, threw away those which were singles. You also liberated me by helping me identify that, indeed, my car is my office, All the stuff I have to carry around made me crazy, but now I realize it is necessary. I just need to contain it and I did over the weekend. I feel so much better! Girl Scouts of DuPage County Council
Media Affiliations & Editors
- I’m grateful to have Kim as a contributor to Chicago Home Improvement magazine. Her knowledge of organization and ability to present that knowledge in a fun, easy-to-understand manner has proven very beneficial to our readers. Kathy Kidwell, Editor at Chicago Home Improvement